What is a Tandem Skydive?
A tandem skydive is the quickest and easiest way to experience the thrill of freefall at over 120 miles per hour, while securely harnessed to one of our experienced and accomplished instructors. Adrenaline enthusiasts can live this adventure at our two world-class locations, the Palm Dropzone and the Desert Dropzone.
Every customer who purchases a tandem package at either of our locations will receive a USB provided by us which contains photographs and our standard edited video of their experience. This can be collected from the on-site Shop, 45 minutes after you complete your skydive.
Located within the city of Dubai, the highlight of a tandem experience here is the stunning view of the iconic Palm Jumeirah island from 13,000 ft. You can also purchase third-party insurance and pay to receive an Instagram-friendly video edit at this location on the day of your skydive.
Weights & BMI:
- A minimum degree of fitness is required to complete a tandem skydive and to ensure a safe landing for you and your instructor. Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is an indicator of this.
Skydive Dubai requires each tandem customer to meet both, the weight and BMI requirements listed below. These are the equipment’s manufacturer’s requirements and we cannot make exceptions for safety reasons.
Weight: 90.0 kg/ 198.0 lbs or less.
BMI: 27.5 or less.
Weight: 100.0 kg/220 lbs or less.
BMI: 30.0 or less.
- You must be 18 years or older (according to the Gregorian calendar) on the day of your tandem skydive. Please bring a valid and official government photo ID (Emirates ID, driver’s license, passport) on the day of your skydive.
If you are 70 years old or older on the day you skydive, kindly download and fill out the Declaration of Fitness form (point 6) prior to your arrival at our location. The form must be completed and must be signed and stamped by your doctor.No drugs or alcohol
- Skydive Dubai has a zero-tolerance alcohol and/or drugs policy. There must be no alcohol or drugs in your system 24 hours before your skydive.Medical conditions
- If you suffer from or have previously suffered from any of the conditions listed below, kindly download and fill out the Declaration of Fitness form (point 6) prior to your arrival at our location. The form must be completed and must be signed and stamped by your doctor. This is essential for both your safety and the safety of your instructor. If you do not follow these instructions, there is a chance your skydive could be canceled. Please contact your doctor in case of any queries.
- Severe head injury
- Recurrent blackouts or giddiness
- Disease of the brain or nervous system
- High blood pressure
- Heart or lung disease
- Dislocated shoulder or other limb(s)
- Recurrent weakness
- Mental illness
- Drug or alcohol addiction
- Any past or present medical conditions
If you are pregnant you should not skydive.No scuba diving
- Please avoid scuba diving at least 24 hours prior to your tandem skydive.IMPORTANT
What time to arrive
- The time mentioned in your booking confirmation email is your arrival time, it is not your skydive time. If you selected a slot of 10:00 am, please arrive at 10:00 am. Additionally, please plan to spend between three to four hours, (i.e. from the time you check-in till the time you collect your USB), at our location on the day of your skydiveWhat to bring
- A filled and signed copy of the Tandem Waiver form (also available at our locations, if required).
- A valid and official government photo ID (Emirates ID, driver’s license, passport).
- A completed and stamped Declaration of Fitness form if you are 70 years or older, or if you have or have had any medical conditions mentioned in the list above.What to wea
Please dress suitably and comfortably for your skydive.
- Athletic clothes and sneakers/sport shoes are ideal.
- No sandals, slippers, boots or high heels. Your footwear must be secure to avoid them coming off when you freefall at over 120 miles per hour.
- No low-cut blouses, sleeveless shirts, crop tops or mini shorts as this will make wearing the harness during your skydive uncomfortable.
- No collared shirts or blouses with tassels as these may hurt you during freefall.
- Please do not wear any precious jewelry or expensive accessories during your skydive. Weather
Skydiving is a weather-dependent sport. High-speed winds, poor visibility, rain (yes, it is known to happen in Dubai) and low clouds, are just some of the reasons that can delay, or even cancel our skydiving operations.
In case of bad weather, our team will announce a “standby”, which means we have to put our operations on hold. Regular announcements will be made updating you on the conditions while you wait at our locations.
If the weather shows no signs of improving and we have to cancel operations and you cannot reschedule for the next available date, you will receive a refund.
While we always do our best to communicate operational changes, Skydive Dubai reserves the right to close our dropzones without any prior warning. In this case, our team will contact you by phone or email to cancel or reschedule your skydive.
Skydive Dubai is not liable for any costs (travel, stay, etc.) incurred by the individual in the instances mentioned above.
Refunds are only issued when we cancel skydiving operations due to bad weather.
We cannot issue refunds for (examples):
Picture and video
- Not meeting our age or weight/BMI requirements.
- Not showing up on time.
- Arriving under the influence of drugs/ and or alcohol.
- If you’ve been scuba diving 24 hours before your skydive.
- If your weight/BMI exceeds our health-and-safety requirements.
- Every tandem customer will be accompanied by a camera flyer capturing every moment of the skydive. A tandem package at both our locations includes photographs and a standard edited video of your tandem experience.
- Customers can purchase a special Instagram video edit at our Palm Dropzone for an additional fee of AED 100. Locations & hours of operation
- Al Seyahi Street, Mina Seyahi, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- September 2019: 10 am to sunset, open from Sunday to Saturday.