Morris Fashion Consultancy in a partnership with the College of Fashion and Design (CFD) in Dubai are very excited to announce that the famous Fashion Masterclass “How to build Fashion Brand” that has already transformed lives of the emerging European designers in cities like Zurich, London, Dublin is finally coming to Dubai in May 2018!
This Masterclass is a fantastic support system for young designers and start up brands as it addresses all the issues that young brands face today. This Masterclass is created by industry professionals with the ground experience and the advice given can be implemented immediately and effectively to each individuals brand’s needs.
This Masterclass is for you, if you are:
- Fashion Designer: established or just starting out
- Design Graduate: clothing, footwear, accessories or lifestyle products
- Fashion Blogger wishing to create a product range
- Fashion Entrepreneur (no design training necessary)
You have fantastic ideas and make creative designs, however you find yourself spending time “beating on the wall, hoping transforming it into a door” and struggling with one of the following?
- Knowledge gap
- Poor planning
- Lack of experience
- Misunderstanding the market
- Luck of funding
- You are stuck with your current obstacle and don’t see the way of moving forward
No worries! We’ve got you covered with the practical advice on all these topics:
- Range planning and collection analysis
- The sample development process
- How to find a reliable manufacturer
- How to produce ethically
- How to present and showcase your collection
- Where and how to sell your collection
- What buyers want and how to connect with them
- How to manage sales, logistics and distribution channels
- Funding, investment options and financial planning
- Legal considerations for business set-up
- Copyright and infringement guidelines
- Developing your brand identity
- Branding and marketing
- Market analysis
- How to create an effective business plan
- Follow up with host to address specific and individual needs in the weeks after masterclass
The objective – what you will gain from this Masterclass?
- You’ll gain the confidence in making your dream of launching/expanding your fashion brand to become true
- You’ll gain an overview how to set up your own fashion business and know the basics of the legal requirements in Dubai
- You will know how to source fabrics, trims, accessories, suppliers and manufacturers to suit your specific needs and create your collections
- You will know how to begin marketing your products and how to sell effectively
- You will complete your business/expansion plan for your fashion label
- You’ll get a sense of thinking, acting and making decisions as a fashion business owner
***Special bonus from The College of Fashion & Design: complementary booking of their fully equipped state-of-art Photography Lab to create professional quality photo shoots of your collections! The Photography Lab contains professional lighting, various backdrops and specialized Nikon cameras!
Cost and payment options: Price for 2 day course €695
The price includes:
- 2 days Masterclass
- Complementary usage of the Photography Lab at the CFD (rsvp required)
Please note that the number of slots is extremely limited – ONLY 40, as we keep this masterclass interactive and only for those who are in business or are seriously considering a business. Therefore we suggest to register now before the tickets get sold out. The dates of the next Masterclass are not announced yet, and most likely it won’t be here until 2019.
Maire Morris, Author of the Masterclass, Director of Morris Fashion Consultancy
With a career spanning over 15 years in the global fashion industry, director of Morris Fashion Consultancy Máire Morris has the first-hand experience on how to launch a leading fashion brand.
Máire comes from a fashion design background and further developed her skill set in fashion buying, merchandising and brand management. Following years of working with suppliers and production factories in China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Morocco, Italy, Portugal, France, Spain, the UK and Ireland – Máire is an expert at communicating with a varied supply base.
With a passion for both creativity and business, Máire has excelled in the industry and has become a world renowned sourcing, manufacturing and brand development expert, working around the globe for clients ranging from emerging designers and bloggers to established international brands, advising on brand development, product development, sourcing, sample production and manufacturing for the fashion and lifestyle sectors.
Máire is a huge advocate of business entrepreneurship, working with world renowned Enterprise Ireland and the Design & Craft council as a business advisor and mentor to support fashion & retail business. It is a rare combination to find an individual in this industry with not only the knowledge but also the first-hand experience in all the vital aspects of the fashion industry.
The College’s of Fashion and Design (CFD), accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education, UAE is committed to providing open avenues for creativity and growth in the challenging world of fashion.
The CFD campus is located in Business Bay, Burj District in the heart of dynamic city of Dubai. The state-of-art infrastructure and facilities equipped with futuristic technologies go hand in hand with the fast paced downtown location in creating a thriving eco-system that is fundamental in shaping the icons of tomorrow.
Invest in your fashion business, Join our Masterclass!