Be part of history with Dubai Fitness Challenge as we hit Sheikh Zayed Road to do our 30 in the Dubai Run.
For the first time, a section of the city’s main highway will be open for a public fun run, giving you a unique, on-foot perspective of iconic buildings that you may normally miss! The event is free and open to all, irrespective of age and ability, to foster a healthy community spirit and encourage people to take part in staying active together.
Two distances are available, a 5 km Fun Run, open to all ages and abilities and a 10 km run which is open to people 18+ years.
A highlight on this year’s Dubai Fitness Challenge calendar, the run is presented by DEWA in association with ARN, Etisalat, Dubai Police, and RTA. Part of Sheikh Zayed Road will be closed on the morning of 8 November, when the run is taking place. Registration is essential prior to the event for all attendees 8 and over. Please note strollers and wheelchairs are permitted for the 5 km fun run, rollerblades and scooters are not.UPDATED IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE REGISTRANTS:
Due to an outstanding response to the event, we have key updates on locations for bib collection and event day timings for participants. Timetable for Event Day
Parking spaces at Dubai World Trade Centre and One Central open04:30am:
Doors open at Dubai World Trade Centre06:00am:
Parking facilities at Dubai World Trade Centre closes due to road closures06:15am:
The latest time of entry to the official Assembly Area with bib for 10km participants06:30am:
Start of the Dubai Run 10km There will be a loud start signal, but this is only for the 10km runners. 06:30am:
The latest time of entry to the official Assembly Area with bib for 5km participants06:45am:
Start of the Dubai Run 5kmMetro Timings
Dubai Metro opens06:15am:
Dubai World Trade Centre Metro Station closes for disembarkationThe Mall of the Emirates parking will also be open at 4:30am,
for people to park there and take the Metro to DWTC Station.Event Closes: 9.00am
The Event Area is open only for registered participants with bibs. There will be no room for spectators.
Please only bring essentials as there are no lockers or storage spaces for your personal belongingsCollection of Race Packs/ Bibs – UPDATED LOCATIONS BELOW, INCLUDING ABU DHABI
Race bibs must be collected prior to race day fromDubai World Trade Centre
andselected Sun and Sand Sports stores,
and DFC Fitness Villages
and Dubai Festival City Mall.
All participants 8 years and above must have a bib in order to participate in the run.
Children below 8 must be accompanied by their parents. They will be provided with a wristband to write their parent’s phone numbers in case of an emergency. Bib collection is available from
Dubai World Trade Centre Concourse 2
(access from Happiness Street or DWTC Plaza Entrance) Thursday 7th from 9:00 to 23:59Sun and Sand Sports Stores:
- The Dubai Mall
- City Centre Mirdif, Dubai
- Jumeirah Centre, Dubai
- Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi
Sun and Sands Sports stores:
Thursday: 10am – MidnightKite Beach Fitness Village:
7 am – 11 pmDubai Festival City Mall Fitness Village:
12 pm – midnight (near the information desks)Marina Mall:
- All participants must bring a printed or mobile copy of their registration ticket to collect their bib.
- Participants of the 10km race must bring a valid ID (passport or Emirates ID) to verify their age.
- When you arrive to collect your bib, please park at the Happiness Street parking lot.
- It’s possible to collect a bib for someone else, as long as you have a copy of their ID and their Platinumlist ticket.
- Bibs and race chips are not transferable to any other individual.
- Both routes commence at Dubai World Trade Centre taking all participants along a 2.5km stretch of Sheikh Zayed Road.
- The 10km run will then see runners make a turn towards Financial Centre Road and along Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard past some of the city’s most iconic buildings before participants head back to the finish line DWTC along Happiness Street
- The 5km fun run takes participants down a similar route on Sheikh Zayed Road then heading through the high-rise buildings of DIFC before making a hairpin turn straight to the stunning Emirates Towers and back down Happiness street to the finish line at DWTC.
- Doors open 4:30am
- The 10km run begins at 6:30am sharp, the latest time of entry to the official Assembly Area with your bib is 6:15am.
- Open to those who are 18 years and older (you will need to present valid ID in order to collect your bib prior to the run on Friday)
- The race will be timed, chips will be part of the race pack for each runner
- The course will need to be completed in 80 minutes. If in doubt, please call Platinumlist to switch to the 5km distance.
- Prizes will be given for the top 3 finishers (men and women), organisers will contact them after the event to collect their prizes
- Doors open 4:30am
- The 5km run begins at 6:45am sharp, the latest time of entry to the official Assembly Area with your bib is 6:30 am
- Free fun run, all participants will still need to register and have a bib
- Great for families, friends, running groups. Each child must be accompanied by a registered adult who has a bib.
- This route is open to all ages and abilities. Both strollers and wheelchairs are welcome.
Given that this run is being organised on public roads, we will have to re-open them for regular traffic, and at that time, if there are runners still on the route, we will transport them in a vehicle to the finish line.
Transportation, Parking and facilities:
Limited free parking will be available at and around the venue and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Please refer to the detailed parking map below.
What to wear:
- Free parking is available from 4:00am at Dubai World Trade Centre and One Central.
- Dubai Metro will be available from 4:30am. Full details available via RTA website.
- The Mall of the Emirates parking will also be open at 4:30am, for people to park there and take the Metro to DWTC Station.
- DWTC Metro station will be closed from 6:15am, so please ensure you arrive prior to 6:15 am.
- All parking facilities in DWTC will be closed off by 6:00am due to road closures.
- It is highly advised to come by public transportation such as Careem, Uber or Taxi and be dropped off by Zabeel Gate on 2nd Zabeel Street. Plan your journey here.
- Alternative parking can be found across Sheikh Zayed Road opposite to DWTC, in the vicinity of Fairmont and Conrad Hotels. Use the DWTC metro station bridge to arrive at the venue.
- Exit from the parking will be limited until 9:00 am due to road closures.
- Participants are encouraged to come with necessities only as there will be no space allocated for bags or lockers available onsite.
- Toilets and prayer rooms are available at DWTC.
Water, Medical and Toilet Facilities along the route:
- All participants are advised to wear suitable sportswear in order to participate in the event. Attendees that are wearing inappropriate attire will not be able to participate.
- Wearing a hat and applying sunscreen is recommended
- Water will be provided by MonViso free of charge to all registered participants.
- Light snacks and refreshments will be available for purchase. Some dining outlets at DWTC and One Central will be open following the run.
- There will be water, medical stations and toilet facilities at regular intervals along both routes, please refer to the route map.
A total value of AED200,000 in prizes thanks to Emirates Airlines, Fitbit and more will be given out as:
- spot prizes in the lead up to the run on site, and,
- prizes for the overall top 3 males and 3 females of the 10km run (they will be contacted by organisers)