Joseph Calleja and The Armenian State Symphony Orchestra at Dubai Opera
Date & Time: 20th June 2021,08:00 PM
SAMIT Event Group in partnership with the European Foundation for Support of Culture and Dubai Opera presents the 1st in the history of classical music, the “Symphonic Middle East” festival which is aimed at identifying new cultural hubs and introducing the culture of classical music to every corner of the world. All the concerts will celebrate the talent of the 1st prize winners of the prestigious Queen Elisabeth Competition.
On the 20th of June patrons of Dubai Opera will enjoy the talent of the exceptional violinist Ji Young Lim, who is the winner of many international competitions and has been chosen as the recipient for Stradivari “Sasserno” which was made in 1717 after Huggins. The second part of the concert will feature the most prominent pianist of his generation Remi Geniet, laureate of numerous international competitions and the youngest prize-winner of the Bonn International Beethoven Competition.
The concert will be performed by the Armenian State Symphony Orchestra under the direction of renowned conductor Sergey Smbatyan.
In September 2019 he became Principal Conductor of the Malta Philharmonic Orchestra following highly successful tours of Germany, Austria, and the United States, including performances at the Berlin Philharmonie, Vienna’s Musikverein, and Carnegie Hall.
The musicians will treat the audience with the masterpieces of Felix Mendelssohn and contemporary composer Alexey Shor.
House & Event Policies
2+ years would require a ticket to enter the Auditorium.
Below 2 years are not permitted into the Auditorium.
Patrons under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
Latecomers may only be admitted at a suitable pause.
Any use of mobile phones, cameras, and other electronic devices inside the auditorium is strictly prohibited
The Opera Cafe opens two hours before the performance
Entry may be refused, or you may be asked to leave if the below conditions are not met:
- The maximum number of seats that can be selected online is 4.
- When choosing your seats online, please ensure no empty seat remains next to your selection.
- Please do not attend if you have Covid-19 symptoms.
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask at all times whilst at Dubai Opera ensuring that your nose and mouth are covered correctly. This includes during the performance. You will be asked to leave if you are not wearing your face mask correctly.
- You may remove your face mask to consume food and beverage in the Foyers when sitting or standing at a table. If you move away from the table you must put your face mask on.
- Please keep your face mask on in all photographs that you take. You will be asked to delete any photographs that breach this rule, and you may be asked to leave.
- During the performance please remain seated in your allocated seat at all times. Standing and dancing are not permitted.