Joseph Calleja and The Armenian State Symphony Orchestra at Dubai Opera
Date & Time: 19th June 2021,08:00 PM
SAMIT Event Group in partnership with the European Foundation for Support of Culture and Dubai Opera presents the 1st edition of the history of classical music, “Symphonic Middle East” festival which is aimed at identifying new cultural hubs and introducing the culture of classic music to every corner of the world. All the concerts will feature the talented 1st prize winners of the prestigious Queen Elisabeth Competition.
Opening of the “Symphonic Middle East” will feature one of the world’s top tenor Joseph Calleja. His expansive discography and frequent appearances on the world’s leading opera and concert stages prompted NPR to hail him as “arguably today’s finest lyric tenor,” A Grammy-nominated recording artist for Decca Classics, he has released five solo albums for the label.
The concert will be performed by the Armenian State Symphony Orchestra under the direction of renowned conductor Sergey Smbatyan. Sergey Smbatyan’s approach to programming recognizes the importance of creating harmonious combinations of works by different composers as well as the vital need to refresh the repertoire with attractive new music.
On the 19th of June musical masterpieces by European composers such as Giuseppe Verdi, Francesco Cilèa, Alexey Shor, Giacomo Puccini and many others will be performed.
House & Event Policies
2+ years would require a ticket to enter the Auditorium.
Below 2 years are not permitted into the Auditorium.
Patrons under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
Latecomers may only be admitted at a suitable pause.
Any use of mobile phones, cameras, and other electronic devices inside the auditorium is strictly prohibited
The Opera Cafe opens two hours before the performance
Entry may be refused, or you may be asked to leave if the below conditions are not met:
- The maximum number of seats that can be selected online is 4.
- When choosing your seats online, please ensure no empty seat remains next to your selection.
- Please do not attend if you have Covid-19 symptoms.
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask at all times whilst at Dubai Opera ensuring that your nose and mouth are covered correctly. This includes during the performance. You will be asked to leave if you are not wearing your face mask correctly.
- You may remove your face mask to consume food and beverage in the Foyers when sitting or standing at a table. If you move away from the table you must put your face mask on.
- Please keep your face mask on in all photographs that you take. You will be asked to delete any photographs that breach this rule, and you may be asked to leave.
- During the performance please remain seated in your allocated seat at all times. Standing and dancing are not permitted.